Support FutureHopeUK’s Youth Empowerment in Modern Agricultural (YEMA) project recently launched in Osun State, Nigeria, which has the primary objective of building young people’s interest in agricultural ennterprises translating into food security.
Make donation and give them the power of change and power to break cycles that caused the problem in the past.
YEMA creates, strenthens and support youth groups to establish and manage agricultural businesses. The project provides training, start-up equipment, technical assistance in agronomy and render assistance in marketing produced products.
The project supports young farmers in various ways as stated below:
* Providing seedlings to start small agricultural businesses.
* Demonstrating agronomic practices and technologies in group plots used as training sites.
* Investing in Modern Agricultural equipment enabling the groups to support their agricultural enterprises.
* Training participating groups on financial literacy, credit management, farm care and business planning.
* Supporting youth groups to access commercial finance to sustain and expand their businesses.
* Linking the groups to off-takers and supporting them in the negotiation of contract farming agreement with buyers.